Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thirsty Thursday and another route

Sticking to my "Every other Day" plan up to now, and having rested yesterday, it was time for another morning run before heading to work this afternoon and evening.

As I am trying to build slowly, I am having to find new routes to run, maybe adding a little distance at times, or simply trying to find a more runner friendly route. In order to get to the nice park where I can run traffic free, I need to be up to running around 10 Km runs, and I am still well short of that - It's 3 km to the park, so today I went the opposite direction than my otehr runs (and the park), and another urban route, but with a little excursion through a small linear park, which at least got me away from the traffic for 500m or so.

I started to feel tired after 20 minutes running, which I guess is understandable, but hung on to complete a run of around 4.25 Km (thank you gmaps pedoemeter), in 23:25 - a pace of around 5:30 per Km. The same distance as one of my other recent runs, but anything different is always useful, so won't complain.

This brings us to the end of March. I have totalled 35 Km this month, not huge, but with February being Zero, and January coming to an end before the 15th, it's not a bad way to re-start, and with the weight coming down, I can build on this throughout April. I may even set myself some goals next month......

No comments: