Saturday, March 19, 2011

Annual Slaughter Maintained.......

OK, I know this is meant to be a running blog, but as I re-invent myself as a runner, and as a blogger, I feel the need to post about other things that have my interest. Today, it was the Rugby. I love the game, and over in Lansdowne today, the English arrived with the belief that they only had to turn up to complete the Grand Slam in the 6 Nations Championships.

Well, somebody forgot to tell the Irish, and once again, England leave Dublin with their tails between their legs - OK, they may be Champions, but they were humiliated in front of the Irish Crowd, by a tremendous performance by the Boys in Green, and the resulting scoreline of 24 points to 8, flattered Martin Johnson's men. From the very first play of the game, to the final whistle, Ireland ran them ragged, and my only regret is that I wasn't listening to the commentary from the BBC - I wonder what the excuses will be this time.

I can say "This Time", as this is the 7th time in the last 8 seasons that we have beaten the English since they won the World Cup back in 2003.... Whilst the overall performance of Ireland in the 6 Nations wasn't great, they saved the best performance to the last, and with Brian O'Driscoll scoring his 25th Try in the 6 Nations, he becomes the Highest Try Scorer in the history of the Championship.

Roll on the World Cup in New Zealand in September.... We can build on this performance, and the future looks bright, the future is Green!

And now, I think I will go for a run .....

No comments: