Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Bit More Drops Off

If you have been following (thanks to both of you), you will see that as part of my re-birth as a runner, I have a goal of a substantial weight loss, from the dizzy heights of 98 Kgs or 216 lbs, or for those still working in Imperial Stones, 15st 6lbs, or simply TOO HEAVY.

I decided that Monday would be the best day to weigh myself, allowing for any weekend extras, and yesterday I scaled in at 91.5 Kgs, or 201 lbs. 6.5 Kgs dropped off in 4 weeks, well inside my target, which is around 1.1Kgs per week, with the ultimate goal of being 80Kgs, (176 lbs), {12st 8lbs}, by the end of June, lets hope I can stay on course.

Having extended my runs to 10K with the Hash on Sunday, I rested on Monday, and have to admit my legs still felt heavy this morning, but I laced up my shoes, and off I went at around 10:30, with the sun shining, temps around 20 C, and, surprisingly a spring in my step (seeing as its autumn here!).

I wasn't deliberately trying harder, I only planned to run an easy 2 Km, but straight away I felt that my cadence was better, and leg speed seemed quicker. I didn't kick on, or make a sprint for the last 50m or anything, but when I stopped my watch, I was 38 seconds faster than when I first ran this loop a couple of weeks ago, and with no apparant extra effort - Something is going in the right direction.

2 comments:

Theia said...

Wow! 15 pounds in four weeks is great!

Liam said...

I obviously had too much to start with, but I'm as happy as Larry!