Thursday, March 24, 2011

Feriado Running

Having missed a planned run yesterday, I was itching to get out and shake my legs this morning (surely a sign that things are going in the right direction). Today is a feriado here, a public holiday, as is tomorrow, making it a four day weekend, and no classes, either way, until Monday for me.

So, at 9.30, on a clear sunny morning, with temps slowly climbing to turn the 20's, a much more conducive to running temperature, I was out on the quieter streets and turning the legs over again. I ran the 3 Km route from Saturday, an out and back urban run, and felt comfortable easing into it. I have a slight discomfort, stiffness, in my right upper leg, but it eases off once I get into the run, and while I will keep an eye on it, it isn't affecting me at the moment.

Enjoyed the run, and the pace was a little faster than Saturday, but that isn't important. What is may be that I am ready to add a little more tomorrow, as I aim at the goal of 5 Km in a week or so. I also have a Hash on Sunday, and hopefully I will be able to run the macho run - we'll see....

No comments: