Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Running & Football

The weekend came early this week, with the two Public Holidays on Thursday and Friday, and after a very enjoyable parilla and fiesta at friends on Thursday evening, followed by Frinks at Breoghan's in San Telmo on friday night, it was back to normal today, and after preparing my classes for next week, it was time to relax with the weekends sport.

The morning saw England wave goodbye to the cricket World Cup at the hands of Sri Lanka, and then I listened in to hear Stockport County actually win a game and come off the bottom of the League, at least for a few hours anyway. Then it was the turn of England and Wales at football, with England comfortably winning in Cardiff. Now I have to say I didn't watch the England games, but kept an eye on line with the scores, I did have work to do.

But as the afternoon wore on, and I did have two matches I really wanted to watch, I thought about a run. Should I go before the Ireland game, or wait till it was over and go out before the Argentina match starts? On the plus side, if I went before the game, I could sit back and relax with the two matches, on the minus, it was 4 pm locally and still in the mid 20's, a couple of hours and the temperature would be cooler. OK, I decided to go before the game, and enjoy the sun.

The build up has been steady, and today I was looking to extend the run a little. The same basic route along the main road, Belgrano, and pushed the turn around point further by 5 blocks, making a run of 4.2 Kms, a Kilometre more than previous runs. It was warm under the sun, but I took it easy, at around 8:40 pace, and although feeling the extra distance, I finished the run in control, and at 22:25, it was a steady run, and another step nearer the first goal on the re-birth, to complete 5K.

Now I am settled down and watching the football. Ireland are already 2-0 up against Macedonia, and I have a brilliant streaming feed today, the wonders of the Internet. At 8 local time, I will watch the Argentina v Estados Unidos match, which is a friendly, but should be interesting. Damn, as I type that Macedonia have pulled a goal back, right on the stroke of half time. Think I'll put the kettle on at the break.

Tomorrow, I will be out Hashing with the Buenos Aires Hash, which is always fun, and I'm hoping I can run the Macho Trail this week - we'll see.

No comments: