Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Into Week 9 - Nearly Half Way there

It doesn't seem much longer than yesterday that I mapped out my 20 week plan to be ready for Philly in November. Twenty weeks, and November, seemed so far way. My fitness levels were low too, and my weight high, but I has 20 weeks!

Well, here we are and Week 9 has commenced, it's nearly the end of August, and November doesn't seem so far away now. I'm almost at the half way point in my key training, and I need to reflect on what I have achieved so far.

Overall I can't be disappointed given where I started. My overall fitness level has increased, and whilst I am not back to where I would like to be, I am well on the way. The weight has dropped off, and I am down to 187 lbs, with my 180 target well in sight. I am actually heading to the gym for a Body Composition Analysis (BCA) on Wednesday, so that will indicate where I need to work to tone things up.

Over the weekend I managed a couple of nice runs, 4.1 miles on Saturday and 7.3 miles on Sunday, both on the roads around Naas. On Monday evening I called to the gym and ran something of a time trial, doing a 6Km session tempo style, starting at 5 mins per Km, and increasing each Km, clocking 29:32 for the session. Finally this morning, I went for a run with my Canadian Training friend, Mike, and we ran 12.5 miles through the City in the early morning, heading on to the Phoenix Park as the sun came up and we saw the deer enjoying their dewy breakfast chew as we ran along, before heading home along the Liffey Boardwalk/ It was a 2 hour run, averaging around 10 minute mile pace, and a good start to the day. And I managed to expunge the demon of that darn Glen Road Hill in the Park that scarred me from that 10 mile race, as I coasted up and over the crest.

Yes, all in all, there have been a few downs in my training, but things are generally on the way up, and I'm looking forward to the next 11 weeks and the trip to Philly - Still a lot of work to do, but I'm getting there :)...... Stay Posted

No comments: