Saturday, September 01, 2007

A hundred miles plus month - and toothache!

August draws to a close and the leaves start to turn on the trees. Where has the year gone. It's September already and thoughts turn from summer salad days, to the fall marathons we have planned and the nights drawing in.

But August was a good month for me, with 120 miles covered as I upped the mileage and reached Week 9 of my 20 week plan for Philly. My weight is down to 187 and overall I'm happy with my running. On Wednesday I awoke to acute toothache. Now, I will confess to hating dentists (nothing personal you understand), but it has been many years since I last sat in the chair, but this toothache was unbearable, so an emergency visit was required. €50 later, I had a script for anti-biotics and an appointment for the end of September to remove two root canals. Bottom Line, I had to take a few days of running as the anti-biotics and pain killers made me high and tired at the same time.

Saturday morning and I was back on the road. Understandably, I took it nice and easy, and ran the 5 miles along Sandymount Strand at a nice easy pace, and felt all the better for it. I am travelling up north later today as I have a 10K Race tomorrow up in Belfast - Makes a welcome change, although I have no great expectations, just taking it easy and will see how I get on.

No comments: