Friday, August 03, 2007

W5D5 - Lunchtime running

One of the difficulties when you have a busy working week, and it's a Holiday Weekend and you are heading to the country for a few days, is how to fit in your training run. Lunchtimes are never easy to fit a run in, as time is usually against you, but today, the only way I would be able to manage a run was to get out at lunch - so I did.

Fortunately, living 5 minutes from the office is advantageous, and by 1 o'clock I was kitted out and starting out. Now, I appreciate that I have only done a couple of speed sessions, and whilst my training has been improving, I'm not expecting wonders quite yet. However, today seemed very easy. As it was lunch, I couldn't run far, so it was a 3 mile circuit I last run on July 3rd, so without pushing it, it would be good to compare the times and see how my body was feeling.

As I said, it was an easy run along the quays, dodging the lunchtime office staff, and with the exception of the last hundred metres or so, I just took it easy. So, imagine my surprise when I compared my July time, and found that I had run a full one minute and 45 seconds faster, over 30 seconds a mile quicker. Something must be working, I can't believe it's as a result of the speed work, but whatever it is, I'll keep at it, and see where the wind takes me.

No comments: