Wednesday, August 08, 2007

W6D3 - Life's A Beach



Well, it is when you're running alongside the beach and feeling great. Another run along Sandymount Strand this evening. A little slower on the way out, as there was a touch of a head wind, but from the turn to home I accelerated, picked up the pace, and had a significant negative split for the 5 mile trip.

Again, things are going well. As an aside, I have put together a new training programme for the 5K. You may recall the Couch to 5K Training Plan from Kick! and Cool Running, emanating from the 90's. Well, having been involved back then with the author of the original programme, I was asked to put together a new version for the Kickrunners site, with extra plans for those who are progressing through the 5K distance and seeking improvements. So I have come up with Three plans, a Beginners Version, an Improver's Schedule, and finally a Step-Up Programme for those who want to break the 20 minute barrier - Why not pop over to Kickrunners and have a look.

1 comment:

Dori said...

There are two women whose blogs I read that started with the Couch25K program. How interesting that you were involved in it! I'll try your Kickrunners plan when I'm finished with my marathon training. My goal is to run a sub 30minute 5K. I've gotten faster, but I'm not there yet.