Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 8 and that New Drawing Board

After Saturdays disappointment, it was always going to be a tough week, getting back on the rails and pushing on with the training. I rested on Sunday to tray and allow for a decent recovery from the tiredness, and on Monday I ran a regular route along Sandymount Strand, and a 5 miler. I think I allowed my frustration out of the bag as I timed myself with a new PR for the route - maybe if my race had been on Monday - What's with this bio-rhythm stuff anyway!

Tuesday I was meant to be meeting up with Mike for a steady 12 miler, but I had runs of other kinds on my mind, and had to pass on the training run - enough said!

Wednesday and I decided on a different run - With hindsight, 5 pm on a week night is not the best time to be running through Dublin City Centre, too many people! Pedestrians are worse than cars - they expect you to get out of their way. But I ran along the Liffey, through the city and up to the Phoenix Park, and whilst a little Stop/Go. it certainly kept me on my toes as I zig-zagged through the masses. All in all around a 7.5 mile run, and nice and easy too.

Thursday, and my motivation is certainly back. I was really looking forward to a run, and as I want to build my mileage up each week, an extended run to Sandymount was on the cards. I started with a loop of the river, over the Sean O'Casey bridge, along the North Wall and back over the East Link, before heading out to Sandymount and the majority of my 5 miler from Monday. Measured this run at 6.6 miles on the old Gmap tool, and I clocked around 8 minute per mile pace, for a healthy run.

No racing this weekend, just a few nice runs, maybe out in the country, nice and slow and more miles in the legs. The weight is still dropping, albeit slowly now, and I have made 188, only 8 lbs to go in the 12 weeks before Philly - Getting back on the rails has been easy - Now all I have to do is stay there.

3 comments:

DawnB said...

I'm glad you are feeling better Liam!! no matter how disappointed I've been with a race or run I feel it have made me a stronger person!!!

Michael said...

Hey, drop me an email.

- Dervin

Liam said...

Dervin - I would if I could remember your email address :) - LOL - Your blogs seem vacant......