Tuesday, August 14, 2007

W7D1&2 - Is it really Week 7, one third of the way through?

After the euphoria of my race on Saturday, it was back to training and building up the miles for Philly. I had to blink realising that this week sees me 1/3rd of the way through to the Big Race, and I can look back on the first third of my training plan with some pleasure. The weight has dropped by 8 lbs in those 6 weeks plus, and obviously from Saturday's performance, the speed is coming back. Now, I have to concentrate on building the miles into my legs.

Monday evening saw me out doing a short 3.6 mile run at around 8 minute pace, just to blow the lactic out of my legs from the race, and this morning, at the unearthly hour of 6am, saw me meeting up with Mike (Horrible Peanut from Kickrunners) and a 10 mile jaunt around Dublin waterfront at around 9 minute pace. Light drizzle as we started. and as the morning burst into fullness, the rain stopped and a mild 90 minute run was enjoyed by both of us, except for my legs which felt a little heavy, just going to proved that the middle phase of my training will need those miles developed into the legs.

No comments: