Thursday, August 09, 2007

W6D4 - Working hard

Another Thursday roles around, and my weekly session with my running buddy Karolina from Poland. It's only been three weeks since we started the speed sessions, but I can feel the improvement in these old legs of mine, and tonight I was determined not to work tooooo hard, as I have the Streets of Galway 8K on Saturday evening to run.

All the same, I managed 4x600 in 2:32's, and then watched as Karolina managed two more 600's, with her last in 2:25 - she's a flyer! We cooled down between each rep with a 350 jog, and after the last intervals we went on a 4.5 mile run out along Sandymount Strand, running easy and chatting away, but still running well and pushing harder over the last mile. All in all, around 8 miles clocked, a good speed session, and finishing with a nice run - Fingers crossed for Saturday - Tomorrow will be a well earner rest day, keeping myself fired up for the race. McMillan's Calculator says I should be capable of running 39:07 for the 8K, so I guess I have a target!

No comments: