Friday, June 02, 2006

Flaming June - Alright!

Well, June in Ireland has got off to a wonderful start. Temperatures were well up yesterday, and things look good for this weekend, a holiday weekend over here, so no excuse for me not getting out and running.

Thursday night saw me meeting up with Kieran in the Phoeniz Park for a run, and we were joined by Jo, who I have been chatting with on the UK Runners World site. She's doing her first Ironman in July, in Frankfurt, and joined us for the run. It was one of those evenings when everything combined to make for a pleasant run. The weather was beautiful, we ran off-road, the deer in the Park are in season (mating that is, not hunting), and the craic was mighty as we ran along, picking up the pace as we passed a few miles. I love working the hills in the Park, and tested myself a couple fo times, finishing our 7 miles strongly, anbd feeling great - Ah!, the beauty of running free......

Aside from running, life has been getting back to normal after my vacation. Work piled up on my desk during my absence, so plenty to do there. My mum has gone into a respite care home for a couple of weeks, and is finally starting to think that living alone at 92 might not be for the best. My daughter is over from England, staying with her University based brother, and on Sunday he flies off to Spain for the summer to work, and she goes back to her studies in Sheffield. As I say, life goes on......

4 comments:

Jack said...

Please send some of that nice weather my way. Welcome back!

Thomas said...

Doesn't the weather make a big difference after all the misery we've had in April and May?

Btw, we are coming to Dublin in July, but I'm not sure about the dates yet. We've got to meet up for a drink and a few miles, maybe?

Brendan said...

Ah, I've got to get off the road some more. I always did enjoy running off-road.

Bex said...

sounds lovely! i'm going to ireland in august, is that a nice time to be there?