Saturday, June 24, 2006

Slow and Steady

Like most things when you have been away for a while, it takes a little time to get back into the swing of things. Ring-rust they call it in boxing parlance. It's the same with running, although, as I said before, I am suprised how unfit I have become in such a short space of time.

But the road to recovery and getting back to form is mapped out in front of me, and now that things are settling back down at home, I can get back into the swing of running. Slowly and steadily, no need to panic, I still have 18 weeks to prepare for my Dublin run. On Thursday night I managed an easy 4 miler with Kieran, my training partner for Connemara, and yesterday I had a gym session with a 3 mile dreadmill run at a shade under 8 minute pace, feeling comfortable again, far better than Wednesday's thrash.

I have to head up North to visit my mum this weekend, so I'll ease off today and not run, but will get an easy run tomorrow up in Banbridge, before heading home to watch the World Cup game between Ecuador and England - How do you say "Come on Ecuador" en espanol?

I'll take some pictures of the new flooring etc., so you can see what we now enjoy.

9 comments:

Gary Wood said...

I'm tired just thinking about running.

jeanne said...

glad you are back and things are progressing! sounds like the work on your house went well! I look forward to more updates!

DawnB said...

I did wonder what happen to you. Glad you updated. have a nice weekend at moms.

Thomas said...

18 weeks isn't that long when you've got an ambitious time goal. Better clean off that rust sooner rather than later.

Liam said...

The rust is coming off, slowly but surely.

Had a good weekend up north, nice run on Sunday, only 4 miles, but felt good!

Dori said...

Vayo con Dios means Go with God, so I guess Vayo Ecuador means, Go Ecuador!

You just ran two marathons within 2 months and the last was just over a month ago. I don't think you're rusty, I think you're recovering. You'll be fine for your big race in October. I'm awed by how many marathons you've run.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Blumen groa handel in badenwart Tranny treats password laptop software south america automobile insurance quote isuzu rodeo 1999 kia sportage battery farm tractor wheels and tires Nexium v protaxin farmers insurance How long does oxycontin last when iving Water in bottom of refrigerator http://www.cheap-hotel-in-rome.info/rhinoplasty.html Foreclosure home for sale in houston