Thursday, June 22, 2006

When you don't have Computer Access...

It makes it very hard to keep your Blog updated.

For those of you who have logged on hoping to find some words of wisdom from me, I apologise (like that's ever going to happen). I think I mentioned that a few months ago we had a chimney fire and as a result had to have some work done on repairing the chimney breast and consequentially work done inside the house. Well, we took the opportunity to get our floor in the living room changed from a carpeted one, to exposing the wooden boards, sanding them down, varnishing them, and changing the whole room style - along with total redecoration. The PC lived in the living room in days gone by, but it would not be doing once the work was completed.

Needless to say the work took longer than expected, and my re-location to a bedroom turned into an office/study meant the PC was out of touch, and hence no updates to my Blog for a whole week - I felt isolated. At work, the firewall excludes "Blogspot" addresses, and whilst I could access certain sites, such as Coolrunning and Runners World, I was unable to get in touch and even tell folk why I was away.

Anyhow - I'm back now. What's been happening? I am still re-building slowly, just short easy runs to report, and my main worry is my weight, which has ballooned up towards the 195 mark, a long way away from the 175 I need to be to achieve my goals. That will be worked upon.

The World Cup is starting to weed out the men from the boys, and so far Argentina and Spain are my pick of the bunch. Today sees crunch time for the US and Australia, and maybe we'll see the Brazilian team come out of their shell and perform for us. England have managed to stumble through to the second round, but with few striking options available to them, they will struggle in the knock-out stages. On a more positive note, the Fixture List for Stockport County games for next season are out today, so maybe I can plan a trip over to watch them and take in the Robin Hood Half-Marathon in September, ideal warm-up for Dublin.

6 comments:

Thomas said...

Stockport County? Christ! Supporting one rubbish team from the Northwest isn't enough? What's the story behind that?

Jack said...

Glad the chimmney fire didn't result in worse damage, I've seen some bad ones...

Renovation always takes longer than expected, body included!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Liam! I'm glad the fire wasn't any worse.

Dori said...

Wow, you've been busy. Isn't it funny how just fixing one thing leads to a complete remodel. I like wooden floors better than carpeted. I have maple in my house and I had them sanded to the natural color. You should show us a picture of your nice new room.

Liam said...

Easy answer Thomas on why County. In 1992 I moved to the area and they were the nearest League Team. Started to take my son to watch them, and we started to get "involved". Great family atmosphere at lower division clubs, and our time in Stockport synched with their run to the League Cup semi-final, and promotion, finishing 8th in, what is now known as the Championship, the heady days!

Bridges Runner said...

Welcome back! Sounds like things have been hectic for you...hope you have time to get back on track...!