Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm Back!

Yes, after a week's haitus in Sunny Spain I am back and looking forward to sharing my thoughts as the summer months arrive and running in Ireland see's some of that sun on my back. The vacation went OK, nothing spectacular, lazy days on the Mediterranean, lying by the pool, and eating and drinking a little too much in the evenings, but then again, that's what you are supposed to do, so can't complain.

Even managed to get in a couple of small runs along the coastal path. Only around three miles each time, but pleasant enough to tick me over. Now I'm home, and a few pounds heavier, the real work starts to get into shape for an attempt at a Boston Qualifier in Dublin at the end of October. At the moment it seems such a long way off, but time has a habit of flying when you're Marathon Training, so the hard work has to start immeadiately, so Monday lunch I was in the gym and shook away a few cobwebs and ran 5K in 23:50 to start the process.

Have a few rambling thoughts on non-running related topics that I'll share over the next few days, but for now, it's good to be home.

5 comments:

Jack said...

Welcome back!

Thomas said...

Welcome back, and don't worry that you missed all the rain in Ireland.

What's your BQ time? 3:30? You know what, we might just have the same target time for Dublin.

Brendan said...

Welcome back! Hope to see you qualify for Boston!

Dori said...

The week off probably made you stronger. Welcome back.

Liam said...

Thanks guys -Much as I like vacations, there's a big part of me that likes to be home, and back into a routine. Much as I like a drink, a week in the sun when the only thing to do at night is head out to a bar, is a little too much for me - Must be my age :)