Saturday, January 14, 2012

Must tell you about this Madman....

Mad in a nice way that is.

Last year I was contacted by the Irish Embassy here in Buenos Aires, to see if I, or people I knew here, could help an Irish Runner who was attempting to run around the world! Naturally, I said I would see what I could do, and I discovered the exploits of Tony Mangan, an Irish Ultra Runner, who I had come across some years ago when he was attempting a World Treadmill record for 48 hours at the Dublin Marathon. Well, now he is running around the World, and after finishing a leg running around Europe he was completing his North American part of the journey, pushing a stroller with his kit. Unfortunately, the terrain in Central America and into South America was not conducive to pushing a stroller and he was looking to ship it to Buenos Aires to collect when he reached here. I managed to help him with his request, by contacting another Irish ex-pat here who has a storage business here, and all is awaiting his arrival.

He has now completed North America, and is presently in Colombia, having just started the South American leg, and he is recording his exploits on his fantastic blog CLICK HERE - THE WORLD JOG and I recommend it as a great read, and also if you want to support his run in any way you can. There are some who might question his sanity in attempting such a feat, including himself, but I admire him for this, and his many other feats of endurance. Next time I find an 8Km run tough, maybe I should remind myself about Tony's Run, and zip my own man-suit up. Check it out......

No comments: