Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cooler days, no alcohol, good run, and YES, we have electricity!

After 90 hours, we finally got the electric back on, amazing what you take for granted, and miss like mad when it goes out, at least for a day or so, then you get used to dealing without it - Having said that I am glad it's back on again.

Thankfully the last few days have seen cooler temperatures, with the hottest part of the day only getting into the high 20's - and never did I think I would be saying that the high 20's was a cool day! Compared to the 40 degrees it hit at the beginning of the week, it was almost time to pull out the thermals......

With the weather having drained me, and tight hamstrings I decided to take a rest for a serious run on Thursday and Friday, with just a coaching session on Friday as a modest run for me. So, Saturday morning arrived, after a night out Frinking, where I spent a great evening in the bar with friends, drinking Aqua sin Gas, and surprising a few at my determination on this front. Two weeks into the regime now, and all going well on that front. So, Saturday, and up for a morning run, with the temperature around 23 degrees, excellent running weather. the sun high in the sky and at 11am I was off. Ran the same as Tuesday, the trip to Parque Dominico, and two laps around the park. This time, no worries with the heat, and ten minutes faster for the 8.7 Km run. Felt freer and lighter in the legs, and very comfortable at this pace of around 5:15 per Km.

No comments: