Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Four days in a row - I must be getting serious...

Day 3 of the year, and my fourth run in a row - It's been a long time since I wrote that. And to make matters better, the temperature had dropped a little this morning, and at mid-morning it was only around 23 degrees, so instead of a trip to the gym, I managed to get outside and enjoy a run I call Belgrano 4100, which is 4.2Km long, an out and back street run.

Pleased to report that although my legs could feel I have been running regularly, they eased into the run, and I reached the turnaround point without feeling any discomfort at all. I increased the pace a little on the return run, and, although breathing heavily, I finished strongly, and recorded my quickest time on this route. Now, whilst it is important not to be timing every run, or trying to beat my best time, what is important is to gauge the feelings of my body as I run. So, if I keep a check on my times for the distances, I can compare how I felt for each time I run a particular course. So, today, I went out easily, increased the pace a little on the return, and noted my breath levels, so I can judge in a week or so, when I do this route again - Today I ran 21:49, we will see what happens next.

Here is a picture from Sunday, which makes me look pregnant, something else I can compare with in a few weeks - Hopefully, just like my times, this will be coming down as well!

No comments: