Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Week Three - Day Two

After Saturdays run I had a mild sprain like feeling in my left ankle, and so on Sunday I just ran an easy 2.6 miles along the canal in 21:30 to see how it felt. I had no reaction whilst running, no discomfort in the ankle, although I was tired after Saturday. On Monday I went and bought a new support bandage as it was still a little sore, and to be safe I decided against running and kept it strapped all day.

Today, Tuesday, with the strap still on, I ran the same route as Sunday, feeling fresh and running easily, I was well over a minute quicker, but feeling as if I was running very gently. Glad to report the ankle was fine, and as I type this an hour afterwards, no reaction. Keep an eye on it, and a 5K race tomorrow, again being run as a training exercise - All go...

No comments: