Thursday, July 19, 2007

W3D4 - Thursday easy run



After last nights race it was another easy run tonight out and back along the Grand Canal. It was only around 2.65 miles at an easy 8:30 plus pace, but a pleasant run on a pleasant evening.

I was reading blogs from friends Sister Smile and Chicago Girl, both New York friends, and their ruminations about continuing to blog or not. It got me thinking as to who actually reads my blog, and in truth, does that matter? I write for myself, and hope that others may read it and enjoy, but is a blog any more than a diary for one's own reflections? I'm not sure, and sometimes I wonder why I write what I do. My blogs are tame compared to some, and SS and BCG (my New York friends) write far more interesting pieces and reflections of New York Life - If they discontinue their notes, I would be disappointed, but understand that in the end, we write for ourselves - Rest assured, or maybe this will make you turn off, I will continue to post my ramblings - helps to keep me sane.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

If you decide to call it a day it's up to you, of course. But I for one missed you when your blog turned silent for a while.

Déirdre Celine said...

How the Hell am I suppose to keep an "eye" on you and check that you are still keeping with your programme for running and total fitness! Keep up the Blog - I wonder who thought of the idea in the first place :) xx

Déirdre

Anonymous said...

Glad you will keep blogging - I don't get to your side of the world and find your notes interesting.

Déirdre Celine said...

Nice one Liam, I am totally addicted to your running blog. Keep up the good work, always very interesting reading etc.

DC XX

runner26 said...

I agree with you about writing for yourself. But whatever the reason, blogs can be very entertaining and inspiring.