Wednesday, July 04, 2007

First (minor) lapse

Today the plan states a 4 Mile Easy run, but I only had a small window at lunch time to fit in a run, and I was feeling very tired. I managed a 2 mile run at around 8:40 pace, which is pretty awful, but three runs inside 30 hours, at my present level of fitness, have left the legs a little tardy, and my next run will not be until Thursday evening, some 30 hours away, time to recover.

I am fully aware that recovery is an important part of any running programme, and whilst I am trying to build up the miles to a good take-off level, I need to remember those rules about recovery, or I might be prone to injury.

Still, I did get a run in, which is more important than bagging it - the discipline of getting out there is kicking in.

3 comments:

Brendan said...

Creating the habit -- making sure you get out regularly, that's as important as the time and distance of isolated training runs.

Keep with it!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Liam... where are your runs???? Inquiring minds want to know.... :-)

Smiley Lady said...

Hey Liam, just refound this blog after losing it for a while. Good luck with Philly. Let me know if you want company for the longer runs when they kick in. Hoping for a 3:30 IM run in Florida about the same time. Jo