Tuesday, December 06, 2011

I know I promised more....

But we have exams this week, and things have been a little hectic. Plus at the weekend we had some power outages, and I was organising the Hash run for Sunday. Now, I have mentioned before in this blog, that not every runner appreciates that Hashers actually run - they see us as a bunch of drinkers, who walk or jog a little. well, some Hashes may be little more than a pub crawl, but I can assure you that the Hashes I have been running in the last two years, here in Buenos Aires, in Santiago, and in Sheffield, England, have been quite serious in the running part. So, this Sunday, I was laying trail, and laid a course of 10Km, starting at 8 in the morning. By the time the gang arrived to run, I then ran part of the course again - Probably, all in all getting an 8Km run under my belt - Not too bad....

Yesterday, I was tied up with things, and the planned rest day was just that. But this morning I decided to lace up the shoes at 9am, to try and replicate the conditions for my race on Thursday, the Hispano Argentina 10K. I decided on a flat course (round here, that is pretty much every run!), out and back to the Parque Dominico - with a lap of the park thrown in, and a run of around 7.3 Km. Clocked an easy 40:30 run, with a couple of delays for crossing busy junctions. I had no problems with the heat, which was around 23 celsius, but know that as summer bites, it will be tougher to run at this time.

The running season here comes to an end at the end of the year - ironically, given where I come from, the summers are too hot for regular races. But with Santiago on April 1st, these few races now will stand me in good stead for the build up to, what will be, my first Marathon (despite the fact that every race from 3Km upwards is called a Maraton here) in 4 years, with my last being Surf City back in 2008.


Here's a picture from after the Hash on Sunday, so you can see the need I have to reduce the weight.... :)

No comments: