Friday, December 16, 2011

Those darn legs

As I said in earlier posts this week, my legs have been feeling tired, and added to that where some events that I couldn't avoid (not that I wanted to!), and so, I decided to let the legs rest for a couple of days, hoping that all would be well.

Today, I went to the gym after classes, and decided to try a tempo based progression interval session, just to see what I may be capable off. I warmed up with 2 Km at an easy pace, then ran 5 x 400m, with 1 minute intervals, progressing from 12 Kph, 12.2. 12.6, 12.8 and finally 13 Kph, before finishing with an easy Km warm down. Have to say that while I didn't find these easy, nor where they too hard. At no point did I feel incapable of achieving the goal, and I was actually quite pleased with the workout. I appreciate these are not super fast, but another stepping stone to building up the legs and the cardio fitness.

We will have to see how the legs feel in the morning.......

1 comment:

Theia said...

Sweet!