Wednesday, May 04, 2011

What a busy week !

When i missed a few days in posting last week, I apologised. Little did I know how busy I would be this past week, and how I hardly had 5 minutes to spare to think about posting, and even on some days, to think about running. So, I have to confess that not a huge amount of running has been completed in the past week, but there were reasons, not simply me being idle, and as I am only running for myself, and for the enjoyment of the sport at the moment, I will not lose sleep over it.

What kept me busy? I hear you ask - Yes, you !! The three of you who read my ramblings (thank you by the way). Well, my teaching career is really keeping my busy as I mentioned before, two new students this week, which not only means more class time, but more preparation time too. Friday night saw the last night of Frinking at one of our favourite bars here in San Telmo, as the small, intimate Irish Bar, Breoghan's, was closing it's doors for the last time, before opening a larger venue a couple of blocks away (launches tonight as I write), and a good night was had by all as we raised glasses to the old, and the new venture.

Saturday saw Leinster winning their Heineken Cup semi, followed by a birthday party to attend, and here in Argentina, that means a Parilla, and a late night, playing Trucco (I have no idea, some card game with strange cards that I had no clue about), and as a special treat for me, (not that it was my birthday), a nice bottle of Irish Whiskey was uncovered, opened, and consummed. We got home at 5 am on Sunday morning, so any thoughts of running the 10K race taking place that morning had well faded, and instead I watched Liverpool win against Newcastle, before completing my day by heading to the wonderful Feria del Libro, the largest, by a mile, International book fair in the Spanish Language, and after talking to a writer friend, probably the largest in any language worldwide.

My invitation to the Feria came from my writer friend, Donigan Merritt, who was reading from his latest book, The Last Island, which is only available in the new format of e-books to download, available from Amazon, and a delightful read it is too (pluggng here for my friend), and only €2.99 as well - The whole place is amazing, a vast range of book stands, authors, entertainment, and naturally, books!

Mondays are exceptionally busy days for me, with classes from 7.30 am until 9 at night, with no time to train, so this will have to be a rest day. And so the days went on.... It's Wednesday afternoon as I type, and hardly a mention of running. I have done a little, but I'll make another post about that as there is something great to write about, but I'll save that for the next post...

No comments: