Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The gauntlet is thrown down....


You will recall I wrote, a couple of weeks ago, about my son, Liam Og, and his first exploit into the world of running races, having trained. As I wrote, I told him some time ago that when he was calling me an "auld fella", that when he could beat me in a race, he could crow. Well, I am heading home for a couple of weeks next Tuesday, and I've checked the diary, and the BHAA in Dublin have a 5m Race up in Dunboyne on May 31st, and it looks like we will both be lining up in the race - This should be fun.

Yesterday Liam Og posted a Tweet saying he was off to the park to do a Fartlek session, and had managed to set up an Athletics Club at his work. My daughter, more about her in my next post, responded on Facebook to her brother by saying "You are turning into dad!" - I think it was meant in a good way.

So, will age win out over experience? How fit is the younger Liam at this moment, and how fit is the "Auld one"? May 31st will be the first, of hopefully many, chances to judge.

No comments: