Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Longest to date

Tuesday and I missed a few days postings, although not a huge amount to report until today. On Saturday I managed a short time trial on the treadmill, working on the tempo build up of pace that I have been doing over the slightly longer runs (I find it hard to call 4 or 5 Km a "Long Run"), ending up running at a pace of 5 minutes per Kilometre for the second of a 2 Km run, having started at 5:45.

Sunday saw my regular fortnightly Hash, and although I covered the distance, as we had a visitor from Australia in town, who wanted to walk the trail, and no walkers out as it was Easter Sunday, I walked most of the trail with her, so she wouldn't get lost in a strange city. So, to be fair, I can't really claim much of a run on Sunday, which was a shame as I was feeling good, and the weather was excellent for running.

Mondays are awkward for me, as I have classes all day at odd times, not really leaving much of a window for runnning. Under normal circumstances, with a decent run on a Sunday, Monday can fit nicely as a rest day, but aside from being a weigh-in day, it didn't see any running.

BUT - I made up for it today, as I went for a walk this morning, on a beautiful autumnal day, with the temperatures climbing into the low 20's, and not a cloud in the sky. I finally walked to the parque at Villa Dominico, 3 Km from the house, then walked around the parque to get a feel for how far it is (approx 1.25Km around), and walked home. After a class in the afternoon, once the temperatures had dropped a little, I decided to run the same route, and it was great to get around this route, which finally gives me some off-road running, albeit after a 3Km warm up to get there. I ran the whole route, out and back, with a loop of the parque, for a run of around 7.25 Km, and inside 40 minutes as well. I felt strong at the end, and actually felt I was kicking a little over the last couple of blocks to home - Maybe the tempo runs are starting to have some affect.

One thing I forgot to mention - Weigh-In yesterday, and Yes, another Kilo disappeared - down to 88 Kilos now - Well on target, and feeling better and better...

I attach a picture from November last year, and you can spot the belly!!! - Pleased to report that this is one area that the weight loss has been especially focusing on.

1 comment:

Dori said...

I used to dislike the treadmill but, like you, find them useful for tempo training. Good job on the weight loss--I'm jealous!