Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm slipping up on my posts

This past week has flown by. A combination of lessons to be taught, and classes to be taken in Spanish, along with a birthday, a business meeting, and another night out Frinking, all left me away from my computer. But I am glad to say, it didn't leave me away from running, and I have continued to run over the last week, recovering easily from the race, and hopefully building on the improvements.

I won't record each run in the past week, but yesterdays was a good example of the progress being made. I decided on a lunchtime run, which is not the best time of day to be running locally, as the schools all turf out around this time, and the planned route seems to go past every school in the area, but I trundled out anyway. The run was along the main road out to the parque at Villa Dominico, a lap around the parque and then back home. The run is 7.3Km, pretty flat all the way, and one I have done before at various times of the day.

Despite the kids on the street, and the traffic around, I had an easy run, didn't feel I was pushing anything, just getting my run in. I wasn't clock watching, nor did I put in a spurt at the end, just took it steady, and when I hit the button on the stop-watch, I was surprised to see that I had run 50 seconds faster than ever on this route, which equates to a 6/7 seconds per Km improvement. Obviously this isn't going to get my an Olympic Qualifying time, but it continues to show that things are getting better.

No comments: