Thursday, April 21, 2011

Two days in a row!

Today here it is a Holiday for Holy Week (as is tomorrow), so no work, although the gym was open, and as they have opened a new sauna up this week, I thought that it would be good to try a consecutive day run, especially as I wasn't too happy about yesterdays effort, and conclude the session with a sauna.

I had no preconceived session in mind, but started out at 10.6kph and ran a tempo run of 5Km notching up a click each Km. Felt really good today, unlike yesterday, and eased through the run to complete 5Km in 27:28, at an average pace of under 5:30. OK, it isn't fast, in fact it's the slowest I have run a 5K on the treadmill, but as I am not worried about things like that, I was happy to see, and feel, the progress over the last few weeks. This was my first attempt at two in a row for a while, and whilst they were not hard runs, they show great signs of better things to come.

I have a goal in mind of the 10Km in Banbridge on May 25th, although I will not make a prediction yet, except to be under the hour that I crawled around last year. Five weeks to go to the race, time will tell.....

No comments: