Thursday, May 04, 2006

Recovering Nicely

Well, this is a running Blog, and I'm not running this week, allowing the muscle to completely recover, and I'm pleased to report it is 99% healed. Proof will be when I go for a light run, maybe this evening. I knew it was only a few days away from being clear, and if my Marathon had been today I think I would have been fine, but C'est la vie!

The week has been plodding along. Strange not to think about training, just relaxing, catching up on some paperwork, and yesterday was my partner's Burpday, so once I had collected her from her extended lunchtime soiree to the local hostelry we came home, I cooked a nice meal, and we relaxed over a bottle of wine with the eldest and his GF. A mid-week relaxing time, and for the first time I can recall in ages, the TV never went on all evening!

I've never really mentioned the family in my tales, so just for the record, I live in Dublin with Dee. Between us we have 5 kids, three to her and two to me, all of whom are now over 18 with only the eldest, Neville, living at home, and he's moving out before Xmas. Dee's daughter, Lynn, is expecting her first child next month, so the next generation will begin. My son, Liam Óg, is at Queens University in Belfast (he's the one who designed the header here), studying Computer Science, Dee's youngest, Brian is working out in Spain at the moment (we're heading out later this month to visit him and take a vacation in the sun), before coming home in September to start College, and finally my daughter, Melanie, lives in England with her mom, but is a regular visitor.

So, a week off running, and thoughts turn to family and birthdays. It's great to have them around, but it's also great after the trails of them growing up, to see them making their own lives, facing their own problems, enjoying their own space, so we can enjoy ours. The kids all do some sport or other, although as yet I haven't managed to get any of them serious about running, they dabble from time to time.

Now then, about that running............................................................

5 comments:

Thomas said...

Liam, I don't know when we're supposed to be in Dublin next, but we never stay away for too long. I'll let you know when we're going again, and we can share a pint or three.

Liam said...

Sounds good to me T :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»