Monday, May 08, 2006

6 Days and Counting - Prague here we come

Well, I'm really starting to get into Prague Mode now. Only three days left at work, including a nice trip to the Circuit Court on Thursday morning to deal with an appeal, then our bags will be packed and we will be off via Czech Air to Prague and the Marathon. Have been checking out the Forums over at Runners World and a mixed bag of advice. Lots of talk about cobbles, and terrible food, although pretty good reviews of the Beer :) - Could be an interesting weekend.

Was up North over the weekend enjoying shopping with my dear partner as she bought out Marks and Spencer's store in Lisburn for her holidays. I'm a saint ;) -

Managed a short run of 20 minutes and 2.5 miles on Sunday in my new Asics Nimbus shoes (having changed them for the right size on Saturday at the Up and Running Store in Belfast). Not as easy as it sounds as this is a run filled with hills and a good hard workout. Added to this, I took a 4 mile treadmill run today in 30:45 and tomorrow night I have a 5 Mile race in the BHAA series in Dunboyne, Meath. I always like to try and get a race a few days before a marathon in, so I can turn the legs over at a faster speed - it tricks them into feeling I'm running easy when I start the 26 Miler.

Let's hope all goes well over the last 6 days, and I can guarantee - NO SOCCER this week!

8 comments:

DawnB said...

Repeat after me absolutely NO Soccer..Liam sounds like you are really putting things together..enjoy the relaxation before. Only six days to go... :0)

Jack said...

Enjoy the rest of your tapering and good luck in Prague!

Thomas said...

Prague is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, enjoy it. And yes, the beer is fantastic, they have the best lager in the world, and that's not taken from an ad.

Good Luck!

Brendan said...

I've heard stories about the beer--and Czech beers are among my favorites, when I can find them over here.

AND NO SOCCER!

Bridges Runner said...

Taper...taper...taper...is your best friend:)

Prague should be a lot of fun!

About Me: said...

i met an irishman recently who only drank budweiser. never realized domestics were so popular over there.
hope the beer is better. :-)

Liam said...

Taper - I have heard of that concept - Maybe I'll try it properly some time :) - JK

Budweiser - That's that cheap immitation beer they brew in Amerika isn't it? Sad to say you are right, too many young Irsih drink "Bud", and believe it to be beer! I'll be sampling some of the Real Budvar on Sunday, as they say, Czech Beer is to die for, and they give some out at the end of the race, plus the Post-Race party is at a brewery ;)...

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»