Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Passes

Monday morning, and back to work for a rest after a hectic weekend :).

Saturday saw me taking a 200 mile round trip up to Belfast to drop junior off, then back to visit my mum and then a frantic dash home so as to catch the soccer and get dinner ready. (For those who follow English Soccer, Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-1 in a gripping, nail-biting, FA Cup Semi-Final). I used to live in England, and support Liverpool, and being an eejit, I will be in Prague preparing for the following days's marathon, when the Cup Final is taking place next month, clever me.

Anyway, back to this weekend, and Sunday was the London Marathon, with full TV coverage. I watched the first half hour of the womens race, eventually won by Deana Kastor, then I switched over to a local channel which was showing highlights from the Connemara Marathon I ran last month - Great 30 minute showcase for the race.

Well with all this encouragement, I was off to the Park by 10 to meet up with Kieran and we ran a 9 mile loop, including a last mile burst up the Kyber Pass. This was my final hard run before Belfast next Monday, and I'm now officially on taper, although I will probably include three 5 milers this week to keep ticking over.

The weather yesterday was very nice. Sunny, cloudless skies, and warm enough to be running in a singlet, in fact today I can see where I caught the sun during my run. After the run, it was lunch outside, watched the rugby, then relaxed last night and prepared for the week ahead.

If only every weekend was so restful :)

6 comments:

Thomas said...

If only every weekend would bring a Munster win against the fec*ing Dubs ;-)

Make sure you get a hotel with satellite for Prague.

Jack said...

We've been having some amazing weather around Europe and Ireland, hope it holds a while longer. Your marathon is coming up fast, enjoy your tapering.

Anonymous said...

Gentlemen, you sent us your crap weather, thank you very much! Actually, being from the West Coast, I don't mind rain in the least: it reminds me of home, where we get pounded pretty thoroughly from October through May.

Liam, I don't follow football, but why does everyone hate Man United?

Good luck in Belfast, or rather, just have fun with it. Can't wait to see the results.

Brendan said...

Sounds like your weather is better than ours! Good luck in Belfast!

Dori said...

Good Luck in Belfast. Looking forward to the race report.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »