Friday, April 21, 2006

TGIF - I know it's a cliché

But sometimes cliché's are nice to use.

Another weekend approaches and I have to fine tune my body for Belfast whilst at the same time trying to do "family" stuff. I have to get my son back to University after his Easter break, then I have to visit mum again and mow her lawn, there is a big Soccer match to watch, Liverpool v Chelsea in the FA Cup, Sunday see's the London Marathon on the TV, and a big Irish Rugby Match between Munster and Leinster to take in. Somewhere in that I'm meeting Kieran to have a 10 mile run in final prep for Belfast - I'm tired just writing all that :)

Last night, Thursday, I went down to the Phoenix Park to meet up with a young girl, Lisa, who I am coaching. She injured her knee at the beginning of March, and last night was her first attempt back since. Sadly it didn't go too well, and it looks like it will be another two weeks, at least, before she is back running. We have a target of a 5 Mile Race on July 8th for her, so hopefully she will be OK. It's great helping others to achieve something, I really enjoy that side of running.

Today I managed a 4 Miler at the gym in 29:25, 7:21 pace, at lunchtime. Hate having to run in the gym when the weather is so nice, but needs must.... Happy weekend to everyone....

3 comments:

DawnB said...

Have a nice weekend Liam, sound like a busy one for you. Nice 4 miler. I also feel guilty running inside when its nice out:)

Brendan said...

So, are you planning on sleeping at all this weekend?

Thomas said...

That's some nice pace on that 4 miles, even on a treadmill. Don't overdo it before Belfast.