Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday April 6th The Year is rushing along

Hope it's not going too fast for everyone. Since my wine fuelled run on Sunday I have been quiet with only a couple of running episodes. Did manage to enjoy a few pints with my son on Sunday night in the City, at the Porterhouse on Nassau Street. A good live band was playing, so we hung around for a few hours, and a few micro-brewed beers.

Maybe it was the beer, but my run on Monday evening wasn't the best either. I had planned a slow and steady 4 miler, but cut short the run at around 2 and a half miles, running at around 8:15 pace, and my shins feeling sore as well. Can't blame the beer for the shins, but what with the wine on Saturday night and last night's beer causing a few problems, are you noticing a pattern here?

Anyway, Tuesday was a rest day, and I rested. Busy at work, but relaxed evening chatting and watching a bit of TV. I have a race of sorts tonight, a 4 Mile Track adventure. A pal of mine has roped me into a local running clubs Grand Prix series, which involves around 20 races over the year, varying form 800m on the track, up to 10 miles on the road, with everything inbetween. You score points based on a handicap, and count the best so many to produce an overall winner. Sounded like fun when we talked about it, but 4 Miles on the Track - Gulp!

In view of pending race, I went to the gym yesterday and did a lunchtime speed session, well speed for me ok, and did 2 miles in 14:24, after a nice warm up. Actually still felt a little queasy after this, so maybe it's not the booze that was causing the problems - We shall see.

I have a little matter of the Great Ireland Run on Sunday as well. A 10K race in the Phoenix Park, so tonight's entertainment will show me what I might be capable off then. Given I've been on Marathon Preparation, my speed work has been negligible, so this will be a little diversion before getting back on track for Belfast - See you soon......

3 comments:

Thomas said...

I've made the same discovery a while ago, several beers one night and a few miles the next morning don't mix too well. I wonder why that is.

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, I found that a wine-fueled night in advance of the Cherry Blossom run in DC seemed to help. Suppose it wouldn't be good to make a habit of it.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! boat supply boating accessory topamax and weight loss side effects.html toyota truck Street latinas video clip Arizona accutane council legal Cheap air flights cheapest business class exeter free best free what is tenuate Virginia beach timeshare rentals sailing yachting boating Target digital photo print wholesale skin care product Hotel santa monica california florida boating forum Contact cold flu allergy sinus travel activities africa boating marinas travel