Friday, November 18, 2011

Well, I never said it would be easy.

After writing yesterday, and feeling like I had taken a decent step in the right direction, I decided to head to the gym today and try a 4Km run at even pace. I started at 11.1KPH on the speed gauge, and within a few hundred meters I felt lethargic, and finding it tough to breathe properly. By the 1k mark, I knew that 4Km was not going to be possible, I was overstretching, even at this ridiculously short distance. I persevered, and increased the speed a notch at each 200m clocked, having taken the decision to bail out at 2Km.

A short run, only 2km, some 40 Km less than I have to run in 4 months, and in 10:47 pedestrian pace. I guess I should believe the title of this post, it isn't going to be easy, I have let my fitness level drop to an alarming position. 2Km should be a warm up for any runner, today it was a struggle - Oh well....

On a brighter note - I posted yesterday about my son being an influence in me getting back running. I should also mention my daughter, who turned 24 last Monday, and the same week received her degree from Sheffield University. A degree she completed a little more than days before the arrival of Little Maisie her beautiful daughter, and my first grandchild. She achieved, what to many would be impossible. her final semester at University with the imminent arrival of her first child. But she stuck with it, and I am proud of her achievements this year (and every other one too!). I attach a picture of her graduation to show how proud we all are.

No comments: