Friday, November 25, 2011

9 am Running at 28 degrees

As the race on Sunday starts at 9am, and with the summer having arrived this week, I decided to go out for an easy run at 9am today to acclimatise. It was already 28 degrees at 9am, and I decided to run for time, rather than distance, and a shortish 20 minute run in the sun was called for.

I'm laying the trail for the hash in a couple of weeks, so I ran the first 4 km of that route today, more or less. It was hot, and sweaty, but enjoyable, and despite having some chaffing on my inner thigh, I felt comfortable at this distance, and didn't have too much problem with the heat.

Sundays run over 8Km will be a little tougher if it is as hot, but I aim to be quicker than last years attempt at this race, and while not wanting to set myself too hard a target, given the level I know I am at, I shall simply look for around 45 minutes, nice and easy in this weather.

Entered the Hispano Race on Dec 8th yesterday, and got another great tech T-Shirt,all for 70 pesos entry fee, which works out around 12 euros - You couldn't buy a Tech Shirt for that, never mind get a race included as well.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Where are you at nowadays Liam? Haven't chatted in a while.

Jeff D, Indianapolis, USA

Liam said...

Hi Jeff - Still living down in South America in Buenos Aires - Hence the weather! Presently training for the Santiago Marathon (next door in Chile) on April 1st. Hopeful of making it back to Boston for 2013 (I get 5 more minutes!), and still hoping to run well again one day - How's life with you?