Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An easy 5Km run in the gym

With the temperatures starting to climb, in a reversal of what would be happening if I was back in Ireland, I am heading to the gym, where a fair amount of my training will take place. I have always had an affinity with treadmill running, having trained a lot on the machines in the past, mainly for the opposite reason, dark and cold winters in the High Peak. But with the day time temps hitting the high 20's at the moment, and already a nice shade of lobster, a steady run of 5K was called for, and I delivered.

A nice easy, even, pace of 10.8 kph, saw me clocking off around 5:30 per kilometre, and while it was tempting to click up a notch as I ran, I stuck at the even pace, and completed the 5K in 27:27, which according to my running diary, is the fastest I have run a 5K on the mills since July last year, although nothing to write home about. I was simply pleased to get the extra distance completed on the treadmill.

No comments: