Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Little acorns

You know the old saying about acorns, well, tonight saw a small step for Liam, a giant leap for my running! I headed to the gym, and ran a 3Km session. It was slow, painfully, 15:57. But it was a 3 Km run with no niggles as I ran, no running through pain, no feeling every muscle as I ran.

It's a long road back, I have 20 lbs extra around my belly - and a long way before I can honestly say I will be race fit again. Probably no real chance of anything this side of Xmas of note, but I will work at it, and get back. I love running too much to give up on the project....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liam,
I never worry about the times. When I was younger, and much faster, I still wasn't fast! I always start out a race with the attitude that I've already beaten everyone who didn't show up. And thanks for writing about hashing, but I'm still not sure I understand it. On the other hand, if it involves running and beer, count me in.

monica said...

excellent news my friend. now, stop drinking and eating and you'll as good as new :)

will you be part of the supporting team for the dublin marathon?