Thursday, June 28, 2007

Creeping along

Another day at the gym and another 5K run on the treadmill tonight. Simply concentrating on building a base, albeit a low level base, so the short distance and easy pace at around 8:33 per mile. Monday is the Important Day and I have planned out my 20 weeks, with built in races and building up to a 26 mile training run, my last long run, three weeks before Philly, around the streets of Dublin, and they will be kind enough to place drink stations for me, as the Dublin Marathon is just three weeks before my US target.

On a totally different note, it seems quite strange, maybe even more so, from being somewhat remote, as I haven't lived in England for 5 years or so, but we awoke this morning for the first time since May 1st, 1997, and Tony Blair was not Prime Minister of the UK. What will happen, how will things change for our UK cousins with Gordon Brown now in charge. He has done wonders in maintaining the economic strength of teh UK as Chancellor, I wonder what effect he will have as PM.

A good friend of mine from my days working for MSF, Hilary Benn, has been appointed Environment Minister in the New Government, he might have hoped for a higher profile portfolio, but with Climate Change high on everyones agenda at present, then maybe Environment is a Very High profile role these days - Good luck to him in his new job.

OK, enough politics, back to running, and hopefully the weather will improve in the next few days and I can get some sun on my back and some nice outdoor running completed. Now lets see if my new toy has worked and the pics have embedded - Knowing my luck at posting links, it won't work :)

2 comments:

Brendan said...

I'm envious -- my training has been knocked back several months. A slight tear in my posterior tibial tendon, right ankle, has kept me out of running for several months, and set back my marathon training by a year (or more).

Good luck in Dublin and in Philly!

runner26 said...

I hear you will love Philly! It's a great time of year to be running and an awesome course. Good luck with all the training!