Thursday, June 21, 2007

Countdown to Day 1

Monday July 2nd is Day One of Week One of my 20 Week Plan for Philly. So I am in Countdown mode, today was "Day One Minus 11". I have no program in place until Jul 2, so it's run as I see fit. It's been a haul this month, but I got off my ass (thanks Alia!), and tonight I ran a 5K timed run, in a slow, steady 27 minutes on the treads. This, and my runs in the next 10 days, will be markers as I see improvement.

Away from running, we had a General Election here in Ireland a few weeks ago, and we have a new coalition government, with the Greens now a minority part of Government for the first time. Ever since they came into office, on a background of Green Issues, such as Climate Change, and a Minister for Climate Change, they have been a tremendous success. They have only had a Minister for Climate Change for one week, and he has had a 100% success rate in changing the climate. A week ago I got sun burnt, this last week, it's rained all day - BUGGER Climate Change, I want my summer back!

No comments: