Monday, October 09, 2006

I apologise

I am really sorry. I seem to have really been making a habit of that line recently. But, as regular readers (both of you that are left) will know, I switched jobs last week, and things have been plenty hectic since last Monday.

Naturally not everything went smoothly. I haven't gone to the orignal place I was told I was going to, nor am I do exactly what was promised me. Having said that I am not complaining. The people are very nice, the work I will be eventually doing will be challenging and right up my tree, but for now I have a lot of learning to do.

On the good news front I managed to get out and run again. I have been very, very lazy lately, but last Thursday I met up with my training partner and we managed a 4 miler in the Phoenix Park before it went dark. My running has taken a MASSIVE back seat in recent weeks, and my weight is now hovering around 200 lbs - OUCH! Next week I shall be starting back on a programme to shed the pounds and get running properly again. And I promise to get back to regular updates and posts on fellow bloggers sites - I haven't forgotten people, I just have been so tied up with the job move, something had to give. Forgive me........

5 comments:

DawnB said...

Liam we understand!! Take it one day at a time. I'm glad to see you got a run in. I believe once you are settled things will be back to normal.

Jack said...

No need to appologize, I know what you are talking about. I've been lucky this year, but next year's schedule looks more challenging due to some job shifts.

Thomas said...

Those apologies seem to be part of every single entry you're writing these days. But rather than procrastinating any more you should get out and start regular exercise again before you turn into Mr. Blobby.

Brendan said...

I know the feeling--I've been not posting for a while due to family and work pressures. An audit will do that, I guess.

It would be so much easier if I could get paid to run.

Anonymous said...

Breathe. . . you've got to take care of business first and foremost. We'll still be here when you're ready to come back.