Friday, October 20, 2006

Another Week Runs Past

Friday evening, and another week passes by. This isn't an exscuse for running, but one just to say sorry that I can't post as frequently as I like at present. The new job has been very demanding in the first few weeks, and I have no Internet Connection at work, so I have to rely on the home base, and with late work, running (Yes- Running), and searching for a new apartment, posting updates has been at the bottom of the long list.

So, the good news. This week I have had three runs, including a really good session with Kieran on Wednesday where we really picked it up on the second half. It's not a huge programme, but it's coming together.

Second good news is that I have found myself a nice new apartment, and it's in Yuppie-Ville. Actually it's the fact that it is 5 minutes walk from my new office that makes the BIG difference, but fair to say it's in an area of the city that is going through a fantastic makeover, down in the Docklands, at Grand Canal Dock - You can tell it's an upwardly mobile place by the price tag :) - But the new job helps, and at last I'll have a place to really call home in the Big City.

I hope to be moving in by Nov 1st, and I really hope I cna get Internet Access fitted as soon as possibe. Given I won't have any money left to go out, I may actually get to post more, and certainly run more - Things are on the UP.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new apartment! Sounds marvelous. You sound tremendously upbeat - well done to you.

Dori said...

No internet at work? What kind of a place is that! Just kidding. Good job on the running. Your new apartment sounds great and I hope you enjoy it. It's nice that you will be living so close to work; it really helps the time management. But I thought you had a house--you just installed a new floor a few months ago. Did I miss something?

Dori said...

That's what I was afraid of--and it's your best excuse to not have been running. Sorry to hear of it and I hope you adjust quickly to your new situation.

Anonymous said...

Dammit. Not sure how I showed up as anonymous, but anyway that first one was me.

I put a signup sheet on my blog for local folks interested in meeting up while you're here. Can we talk about your schedule and pick a night you might be free? Don't forget about the Flyer group runs: see the right-hand column here

Anonymous said...

Check yo' inbox. . .