Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dublin Marathon Draws Near

Tuesday evening and only 6 days to the Dublin Marathon. ALthough I took the wise decision not to run this years event as I am far from Marathon fit, I am still getting excited as the day of the race draws ever nearer. I have friends coming in from the UK to run, club mates up from Athenry, and virtual friends from the Runners World UK Forum also coming in for the craic, and a chance to run the streets of Dublin. No doubt there will be other familiar faces, and the expo and race will re-generate me to focus harder as I plan for 2007 and Connemara.

This weekend will also be busy as I get the keys to my new apartment on Friday, and wiull be moving stuff in on Saturday as well as trying to attend the Expo, collect arrivals from the airport, have a drink with old friends and new, and be ready to act as Bag Carrier and Cheerleader on Monday, and then setlle back down and prepare for work again on Tuesday (It's a Public Holiday here on Monday, Race Day).

I've also switched my Blog over to Beta (at last), so hopefully it will be better and no glitches will appear. I really don't know if I'll be posting before the weekend again, and I have no idea when I'll be getting Internet Hooked at my new place, so bear with me if there is a vacant space for a short while.

Running is edging along nicely. Gently but at leat it's coming together, and my new place on the quays will give me new routes to explore, and miles to get in the bank.

8 comments:

Philip Byrne said...

Welcome back Liam, great to hear your out running again. Best of luck with the house move, and we might bump into you along the route somewhere on Monday. I'm sure we'll need all the encouragement we can get.

DawnB said...

good luck with your move Liam

Thomas said...

Glad you're back on track, Liam. I'll try an be at the expo at 3pm on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting you there.

Sarah said...

Welcome back Liam. Hope all goes well with your move & you get hooked to the net again soon as Phil & I will be looking up your progress for 2007 & depending on how Monday goes, looking for advise on training for our second marathon.
Thanks for all your comments while I've been training. They've really helped with my confidence & motivation.

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the marathon! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Dori said...

Hope you enjoyed the Dublin Marathon. I'm looking forward to reading about it.

Anonymous said...

Guys, FYI - Liam is offline until after his trip stateside next week. I had a couple of emails from him and he's doing fine, looking forward to visiting New York and was very interested to hear how the local bloggers did. He should be back online the following week, though if internet service in Ireland is anything like it is here, that may be an optimistic prediction.

Anonymous said...

I meant he was interested to hear how the local bloggers did in the *marathon*. We had one of those here the other day.