Thursday, September 07, 2006

Time Flies

You know when you are waiting for something to happen, like a vacation that you have had planned for months, then time drags. Each day seems to last forever, and work takes forever to get through.

Well, when you are unfit, following weeks of slacking on your training, and you have a Marathon planned for the end of October, then time speeds up - RAPIDLY! It's already the 7th September, and the Dublin Marathon is only 53 days away... 53 days to get myself into a shape that will see me around the streets of my home city in one piece.

I know that hard work over these few days will enable me to survive the race, but I had higher hopes when I entered the event back in April. You all have my complete permission to give me a kick up the backside, and I promise to make amends, work hard over the winter and be ready for an assault on a Boston Qualifier in 2007. Starting now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's done is done, my friend. Don't try to overtrain and end up injured at this date. What's wrong with calling this one a long training run in early preparation for the spring season?
ss*

*Just upgraded Blogger to the new Beta version and it won't let me post comments on non-upgraded blogs while I'm logged in.