Friday, September 01, 2006

Slowly, Slowly

Friday, and my first week back running after my Slacking Vacation!

Well, I am glad to report that I have run 4 days in a row - That's the good news. The bad news is that the runs have only been 3K, 3K, 4K and 2 Miles. Not exactly Marathon preparation. On the plus side of those runs, they have all been under 8 minute mile pace (as they should be), and have been getting progressively easier, and faster. A long way to go to get ready for Dublin, and only 8 weeks to get there. A tough challenge, but all the hard work up until May must still have some residual left.

As to the new job, for some reason, when I actually tell people which department of the government I am heading to, they shy away :) - I always thought that those nice people in the Revenue Commissioners were warm and cuddly.... Well, I am.......

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Liam, I take this as a clear indication that you can indeed send a few taxcuts my way!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the grind. You'll bounce back sooner than you think. Can you do anything about taxes over here while you're at it?