Thursday, February 15, 2018

All Clear on the Western Front

February 15th - A great day for me.

It was a return to St Vincent's and a meeting with my Consultant to go through the histology from my surgery and see how the recovery is going. No beating about the bush, it's Good News Day. The histology came back clear, and there appears to be no sign of any nasty little cancerous bits running around inside me. Given this, it is virtually certain I will not require any further treatment, just have to allow the muscles around the colon to do their business, and look forward, if that is the right phrase, to heading back to surgery in the summer months to have the reversal down on the stoma and by-pass. After that, its just a case of regular check ups over the coming years, and fingers crossed, all will be grand. They are also happy with my progress in recovery. Another couple of weeks off work, then I can look at getting back to even more normality.

Even better, I can resume running, albeit slowly and steadily in the next week or two, although that will be tough in a number of ways, having had almost three months off, I know the cardio will be a struggle initially, but, I plan to get back to a great level of fitness, one way or another, so I will be back in my shorts soon, although, given the cold weather, that might wait another few weeks - Can someone turn the sun back on please!

Hopefully, this will mean that this blog can soon be back to recording my running progress, rather than the last few months tales. I thank each and everyone of you who sent good wishes for my recovery, it certainly helped keep me sane, and on track. For those that came to visit me, in hospital, and at home, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and thanks for all the chocolates :)...

Onwards and upwards, the only way to go from here....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so fantastic to hear Liam. i wish all the best for you and will continue to send prayers. hugs.....