Thursday, June 09, 2011

Whilst Thumbs Twiddle, I get to run

Whilst the nervous wait continues, I have the delight of being able to get out and run along routes that I remember vividly from my serious running days back in the 90's. This morning I was out at 7.30 and a run along the Peak Forest Canal in the opposite direction to yesterdays run. The canal finishes at, the delightfully named, Bugsworth Basin, which 15 years ago was filled with reeds and un-navigable. I am pleased to see that the canal is now completely cleared up, and boats are moored up around the basin, adding to the plesant atmosphere that canal running has always had around here.

The run this morning was around 3Km in each direction, which I completed under 40 minutes. A gentle run with my hostess Tracy, and the boys, Ruskin & Huxley, with no mis-adventures from the dogs today. We just about managed to miss out on a shower, which wet the place after we had got back, although I am pleased to say the sun is now out and I will probably take a walk to Hayfield, where I lived for my last 18 months in this area, and finally left in 2002 - Nice memories from around here, and great locations for running - Maybe Maisie Moo can hang on for a few more days while I catch up here..........

I've added some links to the area, just in case you want a Peak :)..... Just click on the names above...

No comments: