Friday, January 26, 2007

Brrrr - It's gone cold

Well, after wallowing in the mild winter, this week has seen a cold snap, and whilst we don't get the snow that affects others, it's still nippy enough for us warm-blooded souls.

So, in defference to the weather, I went and joined the local gym at long last. I have been putting it off for a while, waiting for the January Resolutioners to get things out of their system, but it was either gyn or freeze this week, so along I went and paid my money. Club Vitae is the name of the place, and it's well equipped and I managed a couple of sessions this week, including a 5K run in 26:07 - OK, not brilliant , but a start.

I have my first race of the season on Sunday. It's a 5 Miler, the Raheny Shamrock 5, and last year (when I was fit), I ran it in 36 minutes. This time I'll be happy with 45 minutes - that's how bad things are - but it is a great little race, and I have a pal flying over from England for the run, so something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Dori said...

You're still faster than me. Good luck with Sunday's race and don't worry about your time. Keep your eye on the big picture--Boston 2008!