Friday, August 11, 2006

Communication Breakdown

Well, here we are, and almost two weeks without a post. I have had the doctor out to the PC and, sadly, the motherboard has gone. Hopefully, it won't cost too much to repair, and my clockwork PC (It's old) will be back running in a relatively short time.

In the meantime, I am heading Stateside for my summer vacation. On Sunday, at some unearthly hour, I will be on a flight to Newark, and two weeks away from PC's, work, and all those silly pressures we put ourselves under in the daily grind. Week one will be in Rhode Island, and a family wedding, that's on Wednesday next, and then, hopefully after visiting Block Island and the beaches of RI, it's up to Boston, or to be precise, Cambridge, as that's where our hotel is, and the delights of my favourite Marathon City.

Running has been less frequent than I would have liked in recent weeks as I have had some health problems, which hopefully will be sorted out when I get home. Although I am probably over-using that in my excuse list. I did managed a nice little run of around 40 minutes last night in the Park with Kieran and Jo, and we had a good chat about Jo's recent Ironman in Germany, and the imminent arrival of Kieran's first child (fingers crossed Barbara). The lack of decent running will mean that the 3:36 goal for Dublin in 11 weeks is unlikely, but I will endeavour to train whilst away, and once home, and my PC is fixed, I'll be assessing where I am in my Train to Boston 08 plan.

For now, I'm away, and to all who read my little missive, I'm missing you, and hopefully normal service will be resumed by early September.

3 comments:

Brendan said...

Before I got a new PC (it was a tax-deductible business expense!) I told people that my old PC was steam-powered. Hope the health gets better and the training gets consistent!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to have you back, Liam. You are missed!

Dori said...

Have a wonderful time in the U.S. Picture yourself crossing the finish line at Boston.