Friday, July 28, 2006

Apologies to everyone

Hi gang - Really sorry about the lack of posts in the past week plus. I have had major PC problems, suffice to say my Home PC has decided to die on me, and my lack of technical knowledge means that I shall be without a Home PC for a few weeks. To add to this I can't access my Blog via work, thanks to firewalls, not hat I would breach the IT Policy ;). So, I have had to resort to borrowing somebodies PC and dive on to let you know what has been happening.

I was hoping to write up a great time I had last week. As a runner, we often take for granted the stewards who make the races we take part in, for granted. Last week at a 5K race organised at work through teh BHAA, I acted as a steward, and really enjoyed the experience. It was a 3 lap race in a local park, and it was important to keep your wits about you as runners were being lapped, and as I was on the park exit gate, where the race went to finish on the track adjoining the park. No mishaps took place, and only one person tried to be stupid and arrogant, it was his park after all, and why should he wait for the runners to pass before he walked through HIS gate - He walked his dog in HIS park, and was a right tosser, but I had the last laugh as a garda was present and heard him giving out, and had a quiet word in his ear, telling him in no uncertain terms what he thought about the eejit :).

Hopefully i can get on here at least once a week, and try and give a weekly update whilst I await either repair or a new PC. Off to Rhode Island and Boston in two weeks for my vacation, and a wedding (not mine!). Must try and take some pics around Boston and recall the Marathon route for future reference. Hopefully I can get some training done on teh Marathon Route, I'm hoping to get to Newton and run the hills, although not after 18 miles :)

So, sorry to be a pain, and hope you keep checking in to see that I am still alive. I can't access other peoples Blogs either from work, so apologies for not commenting on others. The lack of PC access is a pain, but like everything else, I'll be back soon, with plenty of catching up to do. In the meantime, have fun, and keep running.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dead PC. Enjoy your holiday, though, and do let me know if you intend to pass through the New York area!

Dori said...

I really get angry at those eejits who jeopardize runners by not waiting for them to pass. As if a few minutes wait would kill them. Glad your fella got what he deserved.

Too bad about your PC; hope you had all your important files backed up. If we don't hear from you before you leave, have a good trip. If you can, post a picture of yourself running on the Boston marathon route.

Brendan said...

I had some techinical problems with my home PC earlier this summer--which is why I haven't posted since June(!). Have a good time in Boston and RI!

Ryan said...

Maybe I'll see you on the roads, have a fun trip!

Thomas said...

Get your PC sorted out soon, and have fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, Liam - we miss you! Hope you make it back online soon.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Clothing suede lucky brand totes farmers homeowners insurance Merchant horizon waste services bass fishing and governors cup prepaid cheap international calls buy online 800 Maybank credit card information choosing a graphic card Schdule your supplements exercise and meals Grade 8 science project filter water http://www.computer-virus-protection-software.info patanol Wedding tea party invitations

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »